I love learning, yes in terms of knowledge, but as I experience more of life, I’m starting to value wisdom even more than knowledge.
When we truly listen, we can learn so much from others, no matter their age or their path. Often, it only takes one sentence, one guidance or one well-placed question to shift our mindset completely.
As many of us are on vacation or taking some time to slow down to enjoy the summer, I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes, some that have helped or inspired me along the way.
I hope that at least one of these will inspire you to take that next step, to expand your mindset and your thinking (or at least make you laugh!). What is your favorite quote? And, what about it inspires you? Please share with me.
My favorite quotes on success
What is success? What does it mean to be successful? I asked that question to my kids last year, and I was flabbergasted by their response: “Success is doing what you love, it’s deciding what you want and going for it.” That day was probably the day I felt the most successful in my life!
- The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same. – Colin R. Davis
- Opportunities don’t happen. You create them. – Chris Grosser
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. – John D. Rockefeller
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. – Bruce Lee
- There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. – Ray Goforth
- The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do. – Steve Jobs
- Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do. – Unknown
- The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. – Bill Phillips
- The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well. – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
My favorite quote on success…
- Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember – the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you. – Zig Ziglar
My favorite quotes on courage
Yes running a business requires courage. Courage to say ‘yes’, courage to say ‘no’, courage to take a stand. The more courage we demonstrate, the more confidence we build.
- All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow. – Mary Anne Radmacher
- It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. – J.K. Rowling
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston S. Churchill
- Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it. – JoyBell C.
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. – Anaïs Nin
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear. – Mark Twain
- Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone. – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
- A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live. – Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
My favorite quote on courage…
- Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?’ ‘That is the only time a man can be brave,’ his father told him. – George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones
Watch our video…
Having confidence vs having courage
My favorite quotes on wisdom
Life is so much simpler than we actually make it. Humans are great at complicating things and then justifying why it’s so complicated. Sometimes a little wisdom helps us go back to the truth, to the essence of reality. Wisdom comes from everywhere and it’s usually a small nugget that has the greatest impact on us and our lives.
- The fool wonders, the wise man asks. – Benjamin Disraeli
- We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us. – Marcel Proust
- Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. – Lao Tzu
- Stronger by weakness, wiser men become. – Edmund Waller
- Much wisdom often goes with fewest words. – Sophocles
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. – Socrates
- The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. – James Allen
- Be, don’t even try to become. – Osho
- Wisdom consists not so much in knowing what to do in the ultimate as knowing what to do next. – Herbert Hoover
My favorite wisdom quote…
- Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk. – Doug Larson
One of my favorite book filled with wisdom…
Life’s Golden Ticket: A Story About Second Chances
I hope you can draw inspiration from these quotes as you continue to build and grow your business. And always remember, Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Robert H. Schuller
Liked these? Join us on Facebook for your daily dose of inspiration each day at 7 am!
To your success!